Thursday, July 12, 2007

frazzled female... that's me!

We (the Monday night Bible study group) finished a bible study called The Frazzled Female (by Cindi Wood). It's all about finding God's Peace in our daily lives. Boy, do I need a refresher course of this entire study today!

I am completely overwhelmed, the kind that brings you to your knees in tears and then in prayers. I know it's mostly my overactive hormones, but there's other things there too.
-Frustrations with my husband (because of his lack of enthusiasm to finish projects before Pasquali gets here).
-Frustrations with all things State Farm and their inability to close out a claim to a wreck that happened on the 6th of JUNE.
-Frustrations with the husband again for not being enthusiastic on finding a car to replace the rental that we are paying for (apparently we have all sorts of cash that I don't know about...)
-And my frustrations with myself for not being able to lay it all down before God and let him carry it for me.

In fact, I can't even start to think about it without the tears falling down. And I'm frustrated with myself for not asking for help. But only assuming that my husband knows I need it.

Of course, then there's the guilt that comes with being so abundantly blessed and crying over such silly things. God's given me so much. A great husband (see, I can even admit he's great when I'm irritated with him), two great children (one who is completely easy to take care of), an awesome house that I'm able to get annoyed at, the ability to drive, the ability to buy a new (for me) car. So much to be thankful for. And yet... I'm still annoyed.

Maybe it's okay to be annoyed? Maybe it's okay to be frustrated to tears. Maybe God gives me these little trials to open my eyes, bow before Him and thank Him for these frustrations.
It's really all about praising Him in the storm. No matter if it's a sprinkle or a downpour. God wants me to realize that He's blessing me at all times.

3 comments:

Mom Tu-Tu said...

Maybe you are partly frazzled from the pregnancy!

April said...

I will be praying for you! It will all come into place! I can oome over and help sometime next week!

Living to Love said...

So...I am ready for the boutique blog to have something on it!! It could get me in trouble...but maybe not! he he!