Friday, July 6, 2007

Baby names

One of the most difficult parts of being pregnant, for me, is finding that perfect name for my unborn child. There is so much that goes into this decision. Does it flow well with the last name? Does is fit together with subsequent children's names? Is it too difficult or too popular or just plain too weird?

We have a very short list compiled of names so far. At least with naming Adeline, we had a middle name to work with. This time, we're completely clueless.

Camille - I love this name for many reasons. I think it's sweet and classic, which goes well with the big sister's name. Also, my great aunt, whom was very special to me, had Camilla as a middle name. I would love to name a daughter after my Aunt Sylvia.

Audrey - Another name I adore because it's classic and sweet. I always think of Audry Hepburn. And how much lovelier can a girl be?

Lorelei - Because I am a die hard Gilmore Girls fan, I love this name. But, truthfully, I love this name because it's also an older name and isn't very popular. This name would, however have to be paired with a one syllable middle name, and I think we would go with Jane as that's my mother-in-law's name.

Lilly/Lilith/Lillian - James loves Lilly. I love Lilly when I was pregnant with Adeline. Now, I just like it. It's a bit too popular for my tastes. But, it's still a very pretty name.

And that's about it. There are tons of names that I don't want to name our daughter. But there's hardly anything fantastic that I want to name her.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Living to Love said...

Online boutique?? Is that what you said!! How fun!! I will take some pillow case dresses and some hair bows!!! Just after August!

I like Audrey and LoreLei(however you spell it)

Unknown said...

I LOVE Camille, Audrey and Lorelei (I to am a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan!). I think you may want to stay away from another "A" name though since your oldest daughter's name starts with an A, and things could get confusing ...


(~ Sandra - SAHM of 2 boys * Nashville, TN * )

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Too funny. I think Audrey and Adeline sound so cute together. Loralei is beautiful too!

Congratulations :)
Adrienne